Friday, August 14, 2015

HONY in Pakistan

There are many times I get the urge to share something that has moved me - and I quickly pull up this blog before I forget. For the last couple of weeks I've been completely captivated by Brandon's latest Humans of New York posts on Pakistan. To the point, that some stories have nearly brought me to tears. Or I can't control a smile after reading one of the posts. I've re-read my favorites multiple times. The landscape is so breathtaking.  And the comments are so touching. People from across the world expressing how happy they are to see their country portrayed in a non-war setting. People realizing how incredibly beautiful Pakistan actually is. It really is beautiful.

I came across this Business Insider post on their favorite posts from Pakistan thus far, which are EXACTLY the posts that really resonated with me as well, so I thought I'd share.

Since the Business Insider released that article, HONY in Pakistan concluded with, arguably, the most uplifting story yet. Through the page's awareness of the cruelty of the brick kilns in Pakistan, the HONY community helped raise over $2 million to help Fatima's efforts to defend and protect captives of this industry.

Even if you're not a supporter of social media, or haven't been on Facebook recently - if you're human - this is for you.





No comments:

Post a Comment